Girl comes forward, claiming to be the missing Madeleine McCann

Kamil24

We spoke to viral girl on Instagram who thinks she's Madeleine McCann

Right now, a girl is going viral on Instagram and TikTok because she believes she is Kate and Gerry McCann’s missing daughter, Madeleine McCann. Madeleine went missing in Portugal in 2007, and now a woman has come forward providing “evidence” she is her.

The girl, named Julia, took to an Instagram live this week and said she is 21-years-old but isn’t sure of her real identity or age. She claimed she has similar spots on her body to Madeleine, who would be 19 now, and has a spot on her leg. Speaking to The Tab, Julia said she has tried to speak to the police and her family, but they won’t listen to her.

In the video on her Instagram, Julia showed marks on her body similar to Madeleine’s, and said she first thought she might have actually been missing girl Madeleine McCann a few months ago.

She went on to say she tried to get a copy of her birth certificate, but she could only get told information about herself over the phone. Her Instagram page, @iammadeleinemcan, now has nearly 100k followers, and she has shared loads more information about herself and what she believes.

Her Instagram bio reads: “Help me, I need to talk with Kate and Gerry McCann I think I can be Madeleine. I need DNA test. Police investigators from UK and Poland try to ignore me. I will tell my story in posts here. Help me.”

Speaking to The Tab, Julia said she has reached out to police multiple times but has been told they will not be investigating. “I called my local police, Capital city police, the MET police, Portugal police and Crimestoppers,” she said. “A few months ago I talked with Operation Grange, too.” Operation Grange was set up in 2011 to look at the case of Madeleine McCann.

She said following reaching out to the authorities, she was made to believe they would not be looking into her case, as it was a closed investigation.

Julia told The Tab she has spoken to her family about her beliefs too, but they didn’t want to talk to her about it. “[My] mother didn’t want to talk about it,” she said. “She said the past is in the past and she is not going to talk about the past. She said now is the future and we should focus on the future. My dad said, ‘even if I am not your father will it change anything?'”.

https://thetab.com/uk/2023/02/17/we-spoke-to-the-girl-who-thinks-shes-madeleine-mccann-instagram-tiktok-295508

This girl genuinely is convinced that she's Madeleine McCann. She lives in Poland and her story is quite interesting. Seems like she has links to the German suspect in Madeleine's case. There are some similarities - she's been posting many pics, and being up front about everything - like her documents saying she is 21 vs Madeleine's age of 19. Seems like she went through a lot of abuse and trauma, and her family refuse to show any baby or pregnancy pics and refuse to do DNA test with her (she has screenshots of text with her "mom" who is basically saying she needs to be put away into a psychiatry ward).

Some people have been digging deep into this one - and even if it's not Madeleine, they believe it could be another missing person.

7 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

fJmBJ9d.jpg

pretty much tells you all you need to know 

so they only waited a day for the girl to say something and then react like this? How odd.

Julia told The Tab she has spoken to her family about her beliefs too, but they didn’t want to talk to her about it. “[My] mother didn’t want to talk about it,” she said. “She said the past is in the past and she is not going to talk about the past. She said now is the future and we should focus on the future. My dad said, ‘even if I am not your father will it change anything?'”.

Even if she's not Maddie, something fishy is going on. :rip:

2 minutes ago, Kamil24 said:

so they only waited a day for the girl to say something and then react like this? How odd.

Girl, please.

i wish she was madeleine. 

it feels suspicious. i feel like she got inspired by the netflix show "the snow girl"

2 minutes ago, VilsonMuqa said:

i wish she was madeleine. 

it feels suspicious. i feel like she got inspired by the netflix show "the snow girl"

Is that show good

Imagine being sent pics of your child pretending to be some kidnapped girl for likes on TikTok :rip:

Even if she’s not Madeleine she needs to find her real parents because they seem very odd with that responses. Also I still want to believe that Madeleine is alive somewhere…

Madeleine was never kidnapped. :coffee2:

I don't know what's up with tiktok because I don't go there, but she's the third person I've heard glomming onto the "I'm x celebrity's love child/high profile missing person case". it'd be amusing if these people weren't opening wounds of families who lost someone. :cries:

If she's tricked herself into thinking this, then that is very sad and I hope accepts help in the future.

People really do anything for their 15 of tik tok fame. The two look nothing alike

Let Madeline go ffs. The constant attempts at cash and attention grabbing by people is annoying. The unfortunate reality is that Madeline was either killed by her parents or really was abducted and was probably trafficked.

Honestly knowing procedures during birth registration in Poland, both her being Madeline and being human trafficked is almost impossible. If what she's saying is true then she's probably adopted and her parents don't want to admit it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.